PARTICIPATE IN THE YOZZI BLOG CONTEST
TO WIN ADMISSION TO THE
POLYGLOT GATHERING IN BRATISLAVA
31 MAY – 4 JUNE
Are you studying a language at an advanced level? Do you enjoy writing in that language? Do you want a free ticket to the Polyglot Gathering? If so, consider entering the Yozzi blog contest.
Yozzi.com is looking for your submissions, written on (almost) any topic. Do you have a stellar process for learning a language that you’re bursting to share? Do you have a crowd-pleasing story that you like to tell? Do you want a good excuse to interview your idol? The possibilities are endless but if you’re still feeling stuck, here is a list of ideas of topics for writing inspiration.
JUDGING: Criteria for judging the articles will be based equally 25% each on:
- Using personal insights
- Helping the reader solve a problem
- Telling a story
- Being delightful to read
CONTEST RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Submission must be in one of the following languages: English, Spanish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Italian, Greek or Mandarin Chinese (simplified or traditional).
- Submission must not be written in the language of your primary education.
- Submission must be original unpublished material.
- If Yozzi publishes your submission, you are not allowed to publish it elsewhere.
- Submission must be between 500 and 2500 words in length.
- Submission must be text only. Photos and relevant graphics will be allowed and encouraged only after notification by contest sponsor of submission acceptance.
- Submission may contain up to five links.
- Submission must be submitted using the Contact Form at Yozzi.com. Submission must be accompanied by short message detailing how you learned the target language.
- Entrant must have a Yozzi.com account and must have signed up to join the Yozzi newsletter via the about page.
- Entrant must use their Yozzi.com account to comment on the writing ability and style of at least two articles in their native language or a language that they speak at an advanced level, by 2359 CET 20 April 2017.
- Entrant must follow @LanguageYozzi on Twitter and like @yozzilanguage on Facebook.
- If submission is published, entrant must share it on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtags #YozziLanguage and #PolyglotGathering. Entrant may also choose up to three relevant hashtags of your choice.
- Entrant is encouraged to email submission to people who speak their target language at native or near-native level and ask them comment on your text. Submission must have at least one comment by 2359 CET 25 April 2017 on it to validate the entry.
- Entrant must participate in a brief survey via Survey Monkey by 2359 CET 25 April 2017 about their user experience with Yozzi.com and offer suggestions to make the site more practical, appealing and user-friendly.
- Entrant must allow Yozzi.com the right to publish their name and submission on Yozzi.com, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Entrants are allowed one submission, total. Subsequent submissions will be disallowed.
- Submission of articles for the contest runs from 16 March 2017 at 0001 CET through 15 April 2017 2359 CET. All entries must be received by 15 April 2017 2359 CET. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Yozzi.com reserves the right to cap number of submission at 100 submissions, regardless of originally published deadline.
- Yozzi.com reserves the right to refuse publication of submissions not deemed acceptable, appropriate and/or relevant.
THE SMALL PRINT:
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who sign up at the Yozzi.com and who have reached the age of majority in the country in which they reside as of the date of entry. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Yozzi.com as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 16 March 2017 at 0001 CET and ending 15 April 2017 at 2359 CET. All online entries must be received by 2359 CET on 15 April 2017.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at Yozzi.com. The entry must fulfil all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Yozzi.com. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Yozzi.com.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive one admission ticket the 2017 Polyglot Gathering in Bratislava (approximate value 120 €). Prize does not include travel expenses, meals, or accommodation. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Yozzi.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Yozzi.com’s discretion. The prize is transferable as you are allowed to give the admission to the individual of your choice if you as the winner are not able to attend the Polyglot Gathering. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Yozzi.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Dimitris Polychronopoulos under the supervision of Yozzi.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Yozzi.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT YOZZI.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this blog contest, You understand and agree that Yozzi.com, anyone acting on behalf of Yozzi.com, and Yozzi.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Yozzi.com. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Yozzi.com from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Yozzi.com may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Yozzi.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Yozzi.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Yozzi.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Yozzi.com. Yozzi.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Yozzi.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Yozzi.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Yozzi.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF NORWAY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Norway having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Announcing the Winner: The Winner will be announced on Yozzi.com, on Yozzi’s Twitter account and on Yozzi’s Facebook page by 30 April 2017 Midnight CET.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Dimitris Polychronopoulos of Oslo, Norway.
- Facebook: The Contest hosted by Yozzi.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Twitter: The Contest hosted by Yozzi.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
- By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.